Sadly, game mechanics is the area in which Desperate Housewives fails at least partially and what puts this reviewer's score for it below an A. To begin with, the in-game camera in the shopping mall is miserably limited. There are no low angles, and while I can live without seeing the storefronts in their entirety, I cannot live with the navigation issues that the camera causes. Desperate Housewives The Game For PC (Android & Mac) If you want to double your fun then Download Desperate Housewives The Game on your PC.JOIN THE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES in a dramatic new prequel to the hit TV show.Your favorite characters are ready to welcome you as a new resident of Wisteria Lane. Desperate Housewives: The Game: Download Desperate Housewives: The Game /Mac/Windows 7,8,10 and have the fun experience of using the smartphone Apps on Desktop or personal computers. New and rising Simulation Game, Desperate Housewives: The Game developed by MegaZebra for Android is available for free in the Play Store.
|Publisher(s)||Buena Vista Games|
|Genre(s)||Life simulation, social simulation|
Desperate Housewives: The Game is a life simulationadventure game developed by Liquid Entertainment and released by Buena Vista Games in 2006, in the style of The Sims games. It is based on the television series Desperate Housewives. The player takes the part of a housewife with amnesia who has recently moved with her husband and son to Wisteria Lane. The plot takes place over 12 episodes. The game features a script by Desperate Housewives writer Scott Sanford Tobis and voice acting by Brenda Strong. It achieved sales in excess of 400,000 copies by early 2009
The game begins when a family moves to Wisteria Lane: a successful doctor working at the Fairview Medical Center, a wife with a forgotten past after a jogging accident and their son. Edie Britt first introduces the wife to Wisteria Lane and visits Bree Van de Kamp, who invites her to gossip at her house along with Susan Mayer, Lynette Scavo and Gabrielle Solis. A pair of brothers then visit the player's house: Daniel Fox, a famous designer and his twin brother Frank Fox, who installs an Internet service in the player's computer. Your character then progresses through episodes, completing tasks that range from gardening and cooking for your family, to discovering the secrets of the neighborhood.
The doctor's wife must battle off a love rival to her husband - his secretary Jackie Marlen who stops at no cost to get what she wants - and the cranky neighbor, Etta Davenport. Not only this but she must deal with the antics of her unruly 14-year-old son and the people around him. We also find that the other residents aren't as nice as they seem when a private investigator, Erik Larsen, shows up in town alongside a shady businessman, Vincent Corsetty, who seems to have ulterior motives. In the end, their secrets are aired to the public and a desperate decision is made in a hostage situation.
Desperate Housewives: The Game has four different endings.
- The main character shoots everyone. But who got shot in the real 'Game?'
- The main character lives happily ever after with the husband.
- The main character lives happily ever after with Erik Larsen.
- The main character runs off with Vincent Corsetty.
Desperate Housewives received 'mixed' reviews according to the review aggregation website Metacritic. Some reviewers praised it as a well-written and faithful adaption of the television series; however, the game also attracted criticism for its derivative, simplistic gameplay and prominent product placement. The editors of PC Gamer US presented Desperate Housewives with their 2006 'Best Adventure Game' award.
In the United States, Desperate Housewives: The Game debuted at #6 on the NPD Group's weekly computer game sales chart for the October 8–14 period. Duralast jump starter 1200 manual. Tor Thorsen of GameSpot reported that the game 'instantly became the subject of widespread derision' upon its announcement, but that its first-week placement suggested its 'publisher may be having the last laugh.'Desperate Housewives ultimately achieved sales in excess of 400,000 copies by January 2009.
- ^ abKrause, Staci (November 8, 2006). 'Desperate Housewives: The Game Review'. IGN. Ziff Davis. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^ ab'Desperate Housewives: The Game for PC Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^'Desperate Housewives: The Game'. Computer Games Magazine. No. 194. theGlobe.com. January 2007. p. 71.
- ^Tenacious Moses (October 11, 2006). 'Review: Desperate Housewives: The Game'. GamePro. IDG Entertainment. Archived from the original on October 18, 2006. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^Kasavin, Greg (January 2, 2007). 'Desperate Housewives: The Game Review'. GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^Boker, Gabe (November 1, 2006). 'Desperate Housewives: The Game - PC - Review'. GameZone. Archived from the original on October 2, 2008. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^van Leuveren, Luke (November 23, 2006). 'Desperate Housewives [The Game] Review'. PALGN. PAL Gaming Network. Archived from the original on February 25, 2008. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^PC Gamer UK staff (March 2007). 'PC Review: Desperate Housewives [The Game]'. PC Gamer UK. Future plc. Archived from the original on January 15, 2008. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^'Desperate Housewives: The Game'. PC Gamer. Vol. 13 no. 13. Future US. December 25, 2006. p. 112.
- ^'Review: Desperate Housewives: The Game'. PC Zone. Future plc. May 2007. p. 69.
- ^Mastrapa, Gus (November 27, 2006). 'Desperate Housewives [The Game]'. X-Play. G4 Media. Archived from the original on December 6, 2006. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^Walk, Gary Eng (October 13, 2006). 'Playing House'. Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc.Archived from the original on January 10, 2008. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^Hill, Jason (January 11, 2007). 'Desperate Housewives: The Game'. The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- ^Mastrapa, Gus. 'G4 - Reviews - Desperate Housewives'. G4 TV. Archived from the original on 10 May 2007. Retrieved 24 January 2019.
Every time your character washes her hands or throws a dark load into the washer, you're exposed to the name of some corporate sponsor.
- ^'The 13th Annual PC Gamer Awards Reveals The Best Of The Best For 2006'. Future US. South San Francisco, California. February 2, 2007. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007.
- ^Thorsen, Tor (October 25, 2006). 'US PC Game charts: October 8-14'. GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on February 28, 2007. Retrieved October 22, 2018.
- ^Richmond, Ray (January 15, 2009). ''Desperate Housewives': Cherry's orchard'. The Hollywood Reporter. Eldridge Industries. Archived from the original on October 16, 2018.
- Desperate Housewives: The Game at Buena Vista Games website
- Desperate Housewives: The Game at MobyGames