|UT Computer Science|
Installing Java on your computer.
Java manual download page. Get the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for Windows, Mac, Solaris, and Linux.
- Reads linear barcodes: Code 39, Code 128, UPCA, UPCE, EAN, Codabar, Interleaved 2 of 5 barcodes. Java EE 5 SDK for Mac OS v.Update 7 Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) is the industry standard for developing portable, robust, scalable and secure server-side Java applications.
- No problem, you can download the full installer below, which includes Eclipse 3.7, BlackBerry Plug-in for Eclipse 2.0.0 and the BlackBerry 7.1 SDK conveniently packaged in a single installer. Please note that BlackBerry simulators are currently not available for Mac OS.
Java 2 Sdk Mac Os
Note: Please remember the teaching staff does not support orassist in setting up software for use at home. If you are having problemsyou should post a question to the class discussion group so others can offer advice or tell you what they did. You may email Mike or your TA if you think you have done everything correctly, but he will may not be able to assist you with your specific problem. Working at home has its benefits and I recommend you download the Java Platform Standard Edition and either Eclipse or BlueJ if you have a computer at home.
Please go tohere to download the Download Java Standard Edition 8.0 Development Kit. You want the JDK. Not just the JRE or Server JRE.
Java 2 Sdk Mac Download
The installation instructions for Windows machines arehere.Instructions for Linux arehere. For Mac's go to this page.
Pick the appropriate link. I will talk through what to do if you are using Windows. If you are using a Macintosh clickhere for a page with instructions on how to download and install Java for the Mac. Ifyou are using Linux I assume you don't need much help and you can just click onthe Linux download and follow the instructions from their.
To download and install the Java Platform Standard Edition Development Kit.
- From the page http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html click on the 'Download JDK' button in the Java SE 8u101 / 8u102 table near the top. (Note, the update number may be something different than 101/102. Don't worry, about that number. You do not need JavaFX, Java EE, or Netbeans (unless you want to use that IDE.)
- Select your platform. (Weird fact: The License Agreement includes Section Restrictions 3 which states 'You acknowledge that Software is not designed, licensed or intended for use in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. ' Earlier versions of Java include restrictions on using Java for software intended 'for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications.')
- After downloading click the file icon to start the installer if it does not start automatically.
- After downloading and installing Java I recommend also downloading and installing Eclipse, a powerful, but complex IDE or BlueJ a simple, less powerful IDE. You are free to use whatever IDE (JCreator, BlueJ, DrJava, Emacs, VI, Notepad and command line) you want, but I have support pages for Eclipse and BlueJ.
- If you want to download the Java documentation. Go to the download page where you got the JDK. Expand the 'Additional Resources' menu:
Scroll down until you see the choice for 'Java SE 8 Documentation' and follow the instructions to download the documentation. The process is similar to the JDK, except you will download a zipped file and have to expand it. If you do not have a program on your computer to zip and unzip files (compress and decompress) try 7ZIP which can be downloaded for free. I find it best to bookmark the index page (the local copy on your computer) from the API folder in my web browser.
That's all. If you want more information on Java, there is an excellent tutorial at Sun's Java site.Ethnic cc sims 4.