iMovie is one of the best free video editing software for Mac users, which is simple and easy-to-use. But you know, there are other choices for Mac users to edit videos like a pro, yet easily and quickly. So if you are looking for alternatives to free video editing software for Mac, you are in the right place. No need to search around the internet, here you can get top 9 free video editors for Mac listed below that are sure to accomplish all your video editing needs. Edit a wide variety of video file formats, add effects, subtitles/text, images, music, animations..you name it. When it comes to video editing, your creativity is the limit.
In Mini Metro, you take on the task of designing the subway layout for a rapidly expanding city. Your city starts with three stations. Mini Metro for PC/Mac Origin. In Mini Metro, you take on the task of designing the subway layout for a rapidly expanding city. Your city starts with three stations. Draw routes between these stations to connect them with subway lines.
Top 9 Best Mac Video Editing Software You Should Know
#1. Filmora Video Editor
Why settle for a simple and limited video editor when you can have it all? Filmora X brings all tools into one amazing program that enables video editing, and is also a video converter. Edit video and convert video at will, for virtually all formats available and a huge array of devices.
Whatever you need, Filmora Video Editor for Mac has it! Or, if you're absolutely just looking for a dedicated video editor, we also have the best solution. Try our Filmora Video Editor for Mac! The best video editor for Mac (macOS 11 included) in the market.
- Supports almost all video, audio and image formats.
- Makes amazing movies with 300+ new eye-catching effects.
- Allows you to add music/image/text/effect to video or crop/trim/merge videos, etc.
- With more advanced editing tools, like green screen, key framing, motion tracking, color correction, etc.
- Full compatible with macOS 10.12 or later including macOS 11 (Big Sur), and Windows 10/8/7.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Edit Videos on Mac using Filmora Video Editor for Mac
Step 1. Import Video
Open Filmora Video Editor for Mac and click on “Import” button on the home screen. Choose “Import Media Files” and select the video file on your Mac that you want to upload. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the video from your local storage to the program window.
Step 2. Edit Video
To edit the video, you need to drag the video to the timeline on the screen.
To cut the video place the pointers on the position that you want to cut the video and click on Scissor button. Alternatively, you can right-click on the video and click on cut or split the video. You can also delete the part that you have cut.
When you click on “Edit” once you right-click on the video, you will get basic editing options to appear on a window such as brightness, contrast, saturation as well as audio editing options like volume, pitch and noise removal.
For effects click, on the desired effects like overlay. Choose an overlay and drag it to the video. It will appear on the video once you play it.
Step 3. Save the Edited Video
After editing the video, click on “Export” button and select “Output” format. You can also opt to burn video to DVD, export online or save to a device. For Output option, just choose the output format and then select the destination on your folder and export file.
Editing videos on Mac with Filmora Video Editor for Mac is quite simple and fast. Moreover, this video editor for Mac allows you save and share files in different ways.
Avidemux is an open source video editor for Mac that will make encoding, filtering, and cutting a breeze. In comparison to other video editors for Mac, this video editor for Mac is compatible with different video formats such as DVD, MPEG, AVI, and many more. It also supports some audio formats including WAV, AAC, MP3,among others. If you are a beginner in video editing, there is no need to worry because it's very easy to use and will allow you to edit your video files without experiencing any inconvenience. Like all video editing programs, this tool is easy to install. It can also be downloaded easily. For first time users, there is a detailed tutorial provided. It also comes with advanced features that will provide total convenience for all users. However, for non-tech savvy people, you might find some of its functions confusing. But, with its user-friendly interface, you won't need to study numerous tutorials.
Blender is a free video editing software for Mac and free 3D rendering program, which features the best list of animation essentials such as modeling, rigging, interface, animation, shading, UV unwrapping, real time 3D game creation, and so on. This also has a pack of high-end interface that is loaded with intrinsic and useful tools. But, like most video editors, this has also pros and cons. When compared to some video editors, this video editor for Mac is a video editor that provides professional 3D quality that is available for free. It has a lot of features and ideals for every 3D enthusiasts, graphic artists, and designers. It is also versatile and lightweight. Unfortunately, beginners might experience difficulties when using this software. But, luckily, there is a manual that can help you make the most of it. Blender is also compatible with various versions of Windows.
Kdenlive or KDE Non-Linear Video Editor is an open source Mac video editing application. Its package is based on MLT Framework that focuses on easy to use features and flexibility. When compared to other video editors, this supports all formats, which are supported by the FFmpeg including AVI, QuickTime, FlashVideo, WMV, and MPEG. This video editor for Mac also supports 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios for NTSC, PAL, and some HD standards including AVCHD and HDV. The videos created with this software can be exported to a Device. Users can also write it on a DVD using its simple menu. Kdenlive is also compatible with Linux. But, make sure to check the compatibility of your system to avoid any issues. Most users like this Mac video editing software. However, others have experienced difficulties in using it because of the complexity of its interface. Nevertheless, the manual is of certain help for any doubts.
JahShaka is one of the Mac video editing tools that aim to become an open source, cross-platform, and free video editing tool. At present, it is in its alpha stage and supports real time effects rendering. It is best for every user who has not yet enough experience using video editors. But, professionals can also rely on this video editing tool. Unfortunately, JahShaka is still lacking some helpful implementations of numerous features including the non-linear editing system. This video editing tool was written with the use of Qt by Troll tech, but the user interface of this software is using the library of OpenGL to make the GUIs. This video editor for Mac is also compatible with Linux and Windows. Nevertheless, this video editing software has some issues. So, before you consider it, see to it that your system is compatible with the program's features to avoid any inconvenience and for you to use it properly.
#6. VideoLan Movie Creator
VideoLan Movie Creator is a video editor for Mac, which is different from VLC Media Player, but they are both developed by VideoLan Organization. The project was developed for playing videos and some media formats. This movie creator is perfect for everyone who wants a program that will provide convenience whenever they are creating movies and videos of high quality. The software is compatible with other operating systems as well. However, there are some issues that were experienced by many users. These issues include sudden crashes of the program. But, overall, VideoLan Movie Creator is a video editor mac that you must try, most particularly if you are just starting to explore movie creation or video editing. The interface of the movie creator is easy to use and simple. So, this just means that there is no need for you to learn more about it as it won't require special skills in order for you to use it.
Mac video editing tool that was developed by Apple for iOS devices (including iPod touch, iPad Mini, iPad, and iPhone) and Mac. Originally released in 1999 as an application for Mac OS 8. The third version of iMovie was only released for OS-X, but there are modified versions so users can use it properly. iMovie is best at importing video footage to Mac using the interface of FireWire or through USB. This video editor for Mac also imports photos and video files from hard drives. With this video editing tool, you can edit video clips, add effects or music. There is also included a basic color correction option as well as other video enhancement tools. Transitions like slides and fades are also possible. However, even if iMovie is rich in various features, the effects options are not really very comprehensive, when compared to other editors.
#8. Adobe Premiere Pro
Well, many people heard about Adobe Premiere Pro. This video editor for Mac is a professional Mac video editing software program, which also has Windows version. It is a part of the Adobe Creative Suite for designers and developers. It has both standard and professional features, but you will need some experience to learn working with it. People from all around the work use it because it allows them to perform a lot of actions.
Our last proposition for you is HyperEngine-AV, another free video editing software for Mac. You can capture, edit, and export audio and video files, and even to create quality DVDs with your movies. It offers you twelve studio quality effects, and you can also add info and credits, titles, or karaoke lyrics. We like it a lot because it comes with editable fonts, colors, styles, and many more.
Privacy is major concern and with increasing heinous cybercrimes, one has to be very careful while browsing Internet. To keep your online privacy intact and access websites blocked in your country, you can use VPN. With VPN installed on your Mac, you can hide your IP address and access blocked content easily.
Mini Metro Free Mac 2017
VPN expands the horizon and expose you to wide variety of content, which you couldn’t access in your area. Moreover, it is an excellent tool which you help you to maintain privacy and anonymity when surfing the web. Most VPN are available at a minimal cost but if you are looking for a VPN app, we will help you with that. Before that, you need to know what a VPN does and how to choose best free VPN for Mac?
What A VPN Does & How To Choose Best Free VPN For Mac?
VPN acts much like a firewall and it enables users to safely access private network and make it easy to share data remotely via public networks. Mostly VPN services takes help of a desktop application that runs in background encrypting your data when browsing web. However, this is not the ultimate solution to protect your privacy, but just a part of it. Before choosing a free VPN for Mac, you need to consider a few things. Some of them are free bandwidth, major locations, P2P, ad blocking and more. We have listed some of the best VPN services for Mac, have a look!
1. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost VPN a complete VPN solution that allows you to access blocked site, stream sport events, play region locked games and more. Let’s look at the features of CyberGhost VPN:
- Connects you with everything keeping privacy intact
- It hides your Wi-Fi address, to make online browsing secure.
- Protects your online identity guards and secures your banking transaction.
- One tap protection to encrypt data transfer.
- Automatically connects you with the best matched server based on the location.
- Lets you enjoy your Internet without any restriction.
- CyberGhost VPN provides 24/7 customer support via live chat.
Surfshark is a secure VPN that provides private access to open Internet. This VPN encrypts all Internet traffic shared between devices. Plus, users IP address is also hidden so that nobody can track your online activity. Let’s look at the features of the Surfshark in detail:
- It gives a clean browsing experience by blocking ads, malware and more.
- It allows specific apps and websites to bypass the VPN.
- It comes with AES 256-GCM encryption to safeguard personal information from hackers and third parties.
- It offers camouflage mode so that no one including your Internet provider can’t identify that you are using a VPN.
3. Nord VPN
Nord VPN is one of the best free VPN for Mac as it provides secure and private network. Let’s look at the features of Nord VPN:
Mini Metro Free Download Mac
- It protects you while on public Wifi networks, annoying ads, secure your online activity from malware and other cybercrimes.
- It enables you to secure up to 6 devices with single Nord VPN account.
- It lets you enjoy your Internet with no boundaries, no matter where you travel.
- It secures your IP address so that nobody can track which websites you surfed and what files you downloaded.
Nord VPN comes with excellent customer service which are always ready to support every hour of the day
4. HotSpot Shield
HotSpot Shield is a secure VPN which comes with ultra-fast VPN servers which comes with military grade encryption. Let’s look at the features of Hotspot Shield: Desmat label xpress pro software free download.
- It supports all platforms, so you can download Hotspot Shield and access on whichever device you want.
- You can get secure access to Internet without being hacked or tracked.
- It hides your IP address, physical location of VPN server.
- Hotspot Shield VPN doesn’t log your browsing activity, so your ISP can’t keep a track of websites or apps that you use.
HotSpot Shield comes with Kill Switch protection which protects your identity if the connection is lost for some time so that you are not vulnerable even for a second.
TunnelBear is a secure VPN that works well and provides private connection to less restricted Internet. With this free VPN, you can hide your IP address and location from websites, ads and hackers. Let’s look at the features of the TunnelBear in detail:
- It comes with AES 256-bit encryption which safeguards your personal information from third parties and hackers while using public Wi-Fi.
- It makes accessing emails, domestic news, favorite sites whilst travelling abroad.
- It limits advertisers from tracking your online activities.
- You get to stream faster with TunnelBear VPN and also you can avoid getting tracked by ISP.
TunnelBear is one of the best VPN software for Mac as it doesn’t log any activity of its customers and keep the privacy intact. You can also use TunnelBear against VPN blocking with Ghostbear feature as it makes your VPN data less prone to detection to ISPs, governments or others.
6. Express VPN
Express VPN is a high speed, easy to use and setup which makes best vpn for MacOS. It is secure & anonymous which makes it easier to keep you off the radar of hackers and privacy intruders. Let’s look at the features of Express VPN:
- It helps you to unblock the websites and apps across 94 countries.
- It has a huge network of more than 2000 global VPN servers with faster connections, unlimited bandwidth.
- You can use Express VPN service for Mac, iOS, Windows, Linux and Android.
- It lets you stream or download anything from anywhere in the world without revealing IP address to intruders.
Express VPN comes with 256-bit AES encryption, kill switch, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, and split tunneling. It comes with 148 VPN server locations in 94 countries with unlimited server switches.
7. VYPR VPN
VYPR VPN is one of the best VPN services for Mac which gives you Internet privacy and freedom to browse any site without any intrusion. Let’s have a look at the features VYPR VPN:
- It offers OpenVPN, Chameleon, PPTP and L2TP/IPsec, so you can choose your preferred level of speed, encryption and protection.
- It lets you connect to any VyprVPN server without any limitations, server switching apps, and download caps.
- Vypr VPN offers more than 70 server locations across six continents.
- When you connect to VyprVPN, your ISP can only see encrypted traffic.
Vypr VPN has NAT firewall to provide an extra layer of security. It has a support team which works 24*7*365 to help you via email or live chat.
8. Hide me
Hide me is one of the best VPN software for Mac if you want to maintain your anonymity and encrypts your connection. Let’s take a look at the features of Hide.me:
- It has more than 150 dedicated gigabit servers through Europe, The United States and Asia so that you can access websites securely.
- me manage and create without logging user data or activities. So, your information never goes to third party.
- It has various VPN protocols such as PPTP, SoftEther, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN and IKEv2
- It comes with AES 256-bit encryption with 8192-bit keys.
Hideme works on MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Routers, Linux, Smart TVs, and Consoles. It provides you complete protection against IPv6, IP leaks and DNS leaks.
9. Private Tunnel
Private Tunnel is one of the best free VPNs for Mac which comes with more than 50 VPN servers over 23 regions in 12 countries. Let’s take a look at the features of Private Tunnel:
- It masks your public IP address and encrypt connections to protect your privacy.
- It protects your network from online threats, reducing cyber-attacks, spoofing & DDoS attacks.
- It connects your devices to unrestricted access to websites and information.
- It provides 24*7 customer support online via ticketing system and chat support.
Private Tunnel comes with AES encryption, AES block size makes it less prone to attacks than others. It encrypts traffic, secure connections on Wifi HotSpots as well.
Windscribe is a secure VPN which unlocks all locations and comes with config generator. It secures your identity by hiding your IP and timestamp. Let’s look at the features of Windscribe:
- It has larger network which comes with server in over 55 countries and 100 cities.
- It has strongest encryption which has AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key.
- It helps you generate OpenVPN, SOCKS, and IKEv2 config for all your devices.
- It blocks all connectivity outside the tunnel to avert all types of hacks and leaks.
With this VPN, your computer becomes a secure Wi-Fi router. You can change your time zone and access the websites blocked for your location. Windscribe blocks ads and trackers to ditch the hackers.
Speedify is yet another best free VPN for Mac which comes with bonding technology, which enables you to use multiple Internet connections concurrently to get maximum speed. Let’s take a look at the features of Speedify:
- You get better streaming, live broadcast without throttled Internet connection.
- You can set preferences rules for all the Internet connections individually to monitor usage.
- The server network covers 28 countries so that you get better connection on the basis of availability and latency.
- This VPN also improves latency, reduce lag for faster gameplay and trustable performance.
It uses a ChaCha- or AES-based encryption algorithm, depending on device support to provide security. Speedify has no log VPN policy so nothing is traced or tracked back.
Mini Metro Free Mac Games
Is a Free VPN the Right Solution for Your Mac?
There are plenty of free VPNs in the market however, not every one of them work well on your Mac. You have to be very careful with free VPNs as they come with restrictions such as limited data transfer, pop-up ads, slow speeds and more. Although, there are other harms of using it such as planting trackers, intruding your security and privacy.
Therefore, we have listed some of the safest and free unlimited VPN for Mac to help you maintain your anonymity and surf online without any restrictions and worries.