Highly reliable and easy to use, Windows CE 6.0 offers endless possibilities to developers. Windows CE 6.0 is a low-cost operating system designed for small footprint devices, ranging from power-conscious GPS handhelds to real-time, mission-critical industrial controllers.
Prior to Windows Embedded CE 6.0 (CE 6.0), Platform Builder was a stand alone development tool with its own Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Starting with CE 6.0, Platform Builder for CE 6.0 became a plug-in to Visual Studio 2005. For Windows Embedded Compact 7 (Compact 7), Platform Builder is a plug-in to Visual Studio 2008.
Platform Builder for Windows Embedded CE
- Foxit Reader for Windows CE is a PDF reader application specially designed for Windows CE devices. It supports Windows CE 4.2, 5.0 and 6.0. Built on the same PDF core technologies, it has almost same features as Foxit Reader for Pocket PC and Foxit. File Name:FoxitReader10CE5.0enu.zip.
- This is the first and only fully-functional Windows CE MP3 music file player. Please download files. Easily manage and enjoy all of your videos and photos with RealPlayer and RealTimes. The ultimate PC media player to download and watch videos. Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Your Windows CE OS is a little different than Windows Mobile but Windows Mobile was based off of it so there is some, limited cross-compatibility. The media player, if indeed your CE OS has one, is incorporated into the OS in ROM so you would need an update to your OS from the manufacturer. Sounds like the manufacturer is not very responsive.
- Windows Mobile / Windows CE Archives - Media Applications More Pages: 1 2 3 Avian Play Avian Play is a free open source podcast and online streaming audio player designed for Windows Phone / Windows Mobile devices. CorePlayer A media player for smartphones and PDAs it will play multiple media types including MPEG4, AVI etc.
OEMs using Windows Embedded CE often utilize a software tool called Platform Builder to create a version of the operating system specific to their hardware. Platform Builder includes and works as part of Visual Studio 2005, a software suite frequently used by OEMs to create custom software for devices.
Design a Custom UI & Application with Windows CE
One of the primary concerns of OEMs is the need to make the device as easy to use as possible. The latest release of Windows Embedded CE 6.0 (R3) includes the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), which now makes it possible for OEMs to design Human Machine Interfaces using Microsoft Expression Blend. Lotus notes trial.
This means that the user interface (UI) can be designed and created concurrently with the application software, dramatically reducing time to market. The UI can be easily altered and independently customized from the underlying application code. This allows designers to respond to user feedback and make the end product as intuitive and simple to use as possible. In addition, OEMs can include CE versions of Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player, a viewer for Microsoft Office and PDF files.
Board Support Packages for Windows Embedded CE
Because CE is highly componentized and uses drivers that are different from those used by Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, it is necessary to begin design by using a Board Support Package (BSP) that includes the necessary drivers specific to the hardware the OEM plans to use. Many manufactures of single-board computers have BSPs readily available and most OEMs creating their own systems based on a supported processor start their designs using evaluation hardware and an accompanying BSP offered by the processor manufacturer or a third party software provider.
For more information on Windows CE, contact
Avnet’s Microsoft Team at [email protected] or (800) 474-3044
or use the Quote Me form at the top of the page.
Move your mouse cursor over the license type to see a brief description. Click the license type for full details. Click a part number to add that part to the Quote Me form above.
Windows CE 6.0 (Requires Purchase of Platform Builder Toolkit)
|License Type||Part Number||Part Description|
|EMBEDDED||814-00336||WinCE Platform Builder 6.0 W/R3 EMB English ESD OEI DVD ($995)|
|EMBEDDED||ZH5-00019||Windows CE Core 6.0 EMB ESD OEI Core Runtime|
|EMBEDDED||TNA-00004||Windows CE Core PLUS 6.0 EMB ESD OEI Core PLUS Runtime|
|EMBEDDED||884-00341||Windows CE Pro 6.0 EMB ESD OEI Pro Runtime|
Windows Ce Player
- Comparing Windows Embedded Compact 7 and Windows CE
Actually we got flash lite (in binary form, dll) from BSP vendor as part of
the BSP. Now we have a requirement for streaming FLV4 media, so we are
thinkig of make use of the existing flash lite binary,
Media Player Ce
>>1. a reader/receiver for the streaming protocol (file? HTTP? RTSP? Flash->>specific?)
>>2. a parser/splitter for the specific file format/transport stream (FLV)
I have a question here, i don't know whether FLV4 reader and splitter can be
individual filters and will be invoked by flash lite when it (if i am right
IE invoking flash lite) comes across FLV4 media? If not then we have only
option of contacting BSP vendor for all the flash lite, reader, splitter as
one module. Can you please suggest me for alternatives on this.
>>3. a video decoder for the specific video format (VP6)
We are thinking of purchasing ON2-VP6 codec, if that is the case is it
sufficient writing DirectShow Trasnform Filter?
Windows Embedded Ce 6.0 Media Player Download
>>4. an audio decoder for the specific audio format (MP3)
Microsoft Windows Ce 6.0 Download
I think we are already able to play MP3 files in WMP. I feel we already have
this DirectShow filter in the BSP.
>>If you play a file (or if you download then play an HTTP resource), then you already have #1, otherwise you may need to write one. You will have to write #2.
I am new to media technologies, can you please suggest me any related info
or URL's to proceed on these things and also for developing a sample flash
application using flash lite.